Current as of 23rd June 2021
- Third-Party Services
- Information that we collect about you
We collect and process personal information about you as follows:
- Creating an account: Your employer may request or require that you use our Services. To do this, your employer will set up an account for you and invite you to use our Services. As between you and us, it is entirely up to you to decide whether you want to use our Services.
- Newsletter: If you subscribe to our newsletter then we will collect your name, surname, and email address.
- Customer Support: We may collect Personal Information that you provide to us when you contact us with questions or comments about our Services. We may collect and process Personal Information such as your device ID, email, user ID, device type, operating system, available storage on your phone, phone platform and carrier, country code, and language. We only collect what we need to support you, and you can request that we delete this information.
- Report Details and Metadata: We collect data from reports you make in the platform, including data from image, video and other files which may be shared. We also collect metadata about your reports and your interaction with other reports and our overall Services.
- Technical Information: When you use our Services, we may automatically collect and process Personal Information.
- Metadata: When you use our Services metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way you are using the Services. For example, the SaferMe app logs, the duration and minutes that you use our Services.
- Log data: Our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Services and record it in log files. This log data may include your device’s IP address, network status, information about browser configuration, language preferences, cookie data, bug tracking, and crash reporting data. This information is important and enables us to provide our services to you.
- Device information: SaferMe collects information about devices accessing the Services, including the type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, device ID, email address, user ID, device type and model, the device’s operating system, vendor ID, the phone storage available, platform, network carrier. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on the type of device used and its settings. This information helps us diagnose the cause of any problems, as well as to develop and maintain compatibility with the devices our clients use.
- Location information: We receive information from your device and about the country you access our Services from. We may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device. If you opt into sharing your location information, you can subsequently stop sharing this information at any time by deleting the SaferMe app or changing the preferences on your device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to the sharing of location information, you will no longer be able to use some features of the SaferMe app.
- Contact tracing cards: If you carry one of our contact tracing cards, we receive information from the card, including time and date, whether you have been in proximity with other persons carrying one of our cards and, if so, identifying details for the other person’s card that can be traced to the other person. You can subsequently stop sharing this information by ceasing to carry the card. Please note, however, that if you cease to carry the card your employer won’t be able to warn you of potential contact with colleagues, contractors, and visitors.
- Why we collect information about you
We use Personal Information about you for the following purposes:
- provide our Services to you and your employer and manage your access to our Services;
- to update, maintain and protect our Services, including software updates;
- to respond to your questions and communications to us;
- for account management and other administrative matters, including billing and collection; prevent and investigate fraud and other misuses;
- to protect our rights or our property; send you service-related information, including incident and hazard reports, confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- to deliver advertising and marketing and promotional information to you;
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to create a list of actual and prospective users and subscribers for our Services;
- to assemble statistics regarding the use of our Services;
- for any other purpose we describe at the time we collect Personal Information from you;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; and
- for any other purpose authorised by you or applicable law.].
If you are located in New Zealand and your employer subscribes to the SaferMe mobile app contact tracing functionality, your location information may be collected for contact tracing purposes.
- Cookies and advertisements
When you use our Services or our marketing website, we may store cookies on your device in order to facilitate and customise your use of our Services or website. A cookie is a small data file, which is placed on your computer or mobile device that can later be retrieved to identify you. You can usually remove or reject cookies through the settings on your browser or device.
- allow us to recognise you and your device, for example by identifying your IP address;
- provide you with more customised Services or website content, for example, to provide our Services or website in your preferred language; or
- obtain data which will allow us to understand how people are using our Services and website so that we can improve them.
- How we share and disclose information
We may disclose to the following categories of third parties the Personal Information which you provide yourself to the Service or which we collect in the Service:
- Your employer: Your employer has access to personal information about you that is Service Data.
- Affiliates: SaferMe may share information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- Change Control: In the event of a merger, acquisition, restructure, bankruptcy, or other similar events, any information in our possession may be transferred to our successor or assignee.
- Aggregated Data: We may disclose information to third parties in an aggregate and anonymized format that does not constitute Personal Information under applicable law.
- Public authorities: SaferMe may disclose Personal Information to public authorities or law enforcement if we have reason to believe that we must disclose Personal Information in response to legal process (for example a court order, search warrant), that it is appropriate in the context of public health, or to comply with any applicable laws or regulations.
If you are located in New Zealand and your employer subscribes to the SaferMe mobile app contact tracing functionality, your location information including time and date, whether you have been in proximity with other persons using our mobile app contact tracing features and, if so, identifying details for the other person’s device that can be traced to the other person may be disclosed to the Ministry of Health in the event that the Ministry of Health requests that we provide that information for contact tracing purposes.
SaferMe takes data security seriously. We take commercially reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, use and all other unlawful forms of processing of the data in our possession. Among others, we employ the following security measures:
We encrypt many of our Services using SSL and other common encryption technologies.
For instance, we encrypt personal information ‘At Rest’ using AES, SHA and other algorithms in line with industry best practice. We use up to date SSL connections to ensure the security of personal information when transmitting over networks such as the Internet.
Although we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Services or systems. Any transmission of your Personal Information is at your own risk.
The Services are not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 13. If we become aware that Personal Information we hold relates to a child under the age of 13, we will promptly delete that information from our Services, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
- How long we keep information
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected.
We retain Service Data as needed to provide you and your employer with Services.
If you are an account owner user and we need any Account and Marketing Data about you to comply with our legal obligations or protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, we may retain that Personal Information after you have deleted your account or stopped using our Services.
- International Data Transfer
SaferMe may transfer your Personal Information to countries other than the one in which you live. We transfer and process Personal Information to New Zealand. The European Commission and the government of the United Kingdom recognises that New Zealand provides adequate privacy protection.
Where we use third-party services providers to process your data (such as Google, AWS, and Apple), we ensure that transfers are made under legally acceptable transfer mechanisms (e.g., for Personal Information that is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (GDPR) or the equivalent laws of the United Kingdom (UK GDPR), the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses).
- Your Rights
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to:
- request access to Personal Information that is held about you;
- to have incomplete, incorrect, out-dated, or unnecessary Personal Information corrected, deleted, or updated; and
- lodge a complaint with your local privacy or data protection authority.
- How we respond to your inquiries
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights in relation to Service Data, you should contact your employer. If we receive any requests to access, correct or delete Service Data, we will forward this request to the relevant customer, unless we are prohibited to do so by law.
We will respond to access requests that relate to Account and Marketing Data without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of your access request.
If you need help or wish to exercise any of the above rights or have questions about them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that the Ministry of Health holds any information collected through your use of the Services and wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact the Ministry of Health.
- Deleting your Account
You can delete your account at any time. If you choose to delete your account, we will delete your account information as soon as possible.
If you are using the Services at the invitation or request of your employer, deletion of your account does not result in Service Data about you being deleted. If you wish to seek deletion of this information, please contact your employer.
Information that you have shared or reported through our Services cannot be amended or deleted by us where it is in the control of a third-party platform.
- Contacting SaferMe
SaferMe Limited, Level 3, 354 Lambton Quay, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
- Meaning of Personal Information